|Course Number:||EDU 5515 C16|
|Dates and Times:||Face-to-face Saturday, November 18 from 9 am to 3 pm with the remainder online|
Note: Please register online. Purchase order or payment of $950, payable to RRWIB, is due at the time of registration. Please mail check to the Castleton Center for Schools, PO Box 6049, Rutland, VT 05701. If you wish to pay by credit card, please call the Center for Schools at (802) 770-7060.
This course will assist educators in the development of an online learning environment using Google Classroom to enhance student instruction.
1. Develop a plan for how the instructor wishes to use Google Classroom alongside face‐to‐face instruction
2. Identify content options in Google—and acquire or create course content
3. Look at the role of media in an online environment and produce or locate media
4. Explore the role of assessment in an online environment—pre, summative, formative
5. Discussions and student engagement
6. Grading with technology
7. Sharing resources such as forms and other take home items
In addition to 5 hours of face to face instruction, participants will interact with a Learning Management System for class discussions, responses to articles and other activities. Students can work at their own pace.
Participants will be able to:
1. Get started using Google Classroom in their school district and/or improve the quality of their existing Google Classroom
2. Identify and build content, media and assessment for a course or courses to create greater student engagement
Produce a technology rich Google Classroom. This classroom should include those technology items designed in each week:
3. Summative assessment
4. Screencast or video of instruction for the classroom
5. Discussion questions
6. Other course content
Primary Print and Online Resources:
• Text: Articles and Text Chapters from a variety of authors
• Screencasts and videos: Instructor and a variety of resources
• National Educational Technology Standards for teachers: Preparing Teachers to Use Technology (ISTE) and Common Core