|Course Number:||EDU 5515 C14|
|Location:||Castleton University, Stafford Academic Center, Room 156|
|Dates and Times:||Saturday, October 14, 2017, 9 am to 3 pm and online until December 17, 2017|
|Tuition:||$1,000 includes a new iPad|
Note: Please register online. Purchase order or payment of $1,000, payable to RRWIB, is due at the time of registration. Please mail check to the Castleton Center for Schools, PO Box 6049, Rutland, VT 05701. If you wish to pay by credit card, please call the Center for Schools at (802) 770-7060.
iPads for the Classroom is intended to provide educators with basic expertise in using the iPad to facilitate learning for students that will engage and inspire them. We will learn how to set them up, change settings to meet classroom/student needs, how to find resources and apps as well as pedagogy. iPads are powerful teaching and learning tools that naturally differentiate learning.
You will receive an iPad on the first day of class.
iPads in the Classroom is designed to meet the following goals:
1. To provide teachers with exposure and experience in using iPads for teaching and learning.
2. To assist teachers in creating an engaging lesson using the iPad as the tool for learning.
This course is designed to help educators learn about iPads and create a lesson using the iPad that they can integrate into their classroom curriculum.
• Complete/watch all of the assigned readings/videos for the course.
• Develop a lesson plan that you will use in your classroom.
• Participation in on-line assignments (7 hours from October to December)
• There will be a hands-on portion of class as well as an on-line portion of the class.
Resources, readings and videos will be from on-line sources and will use learning management software for discussions.