|Course Number:||EDU 5515 C51|
|Location:||Rutland High School|
|Dates and Times:||Face to face and online. This course meets in-person on August 12 at 9 am and continues in an online environment until September|
Note: Please register online. Purchase order or payment of $950, payable to RRWIB, is due at the time of registration. Please mail check to the Castleton Center for Schools, PO Box 6049, Rutland, VT 05701. If you wish to pay by credit card, please call the Center for Schools at (802) 770-7060.
This course will assist teachers in designing interactive whiteboard lessons that address best practices in K-12 technology integration. The class will focus on the use of the interactive whiteboard and its distinct interactive whiteboard tools software (SMART Notebook software). Participants will develop activities that enhance their areas of study, address 21st Century Skills and the National Education Technology Standards (NETS). As part of a blended classroom model, participants will interact with a Learning Management System for class discussions, responses to articles and other activities.
• Teachers will effectively integrate interactive whiteboards and other computer technology in their classroom for enhanced teaching and learning.
• Teachers will produce working resources in their subject area to implement into their classrooms during the school year. These are resources that they can start using immediately. The power of the course is that it provides participants time to discover new ideas, develop new skills and integrate technology into their existing curriculum.
Participants will be able to:
1. Effectively integrate the use of computer technology into the classroom curriculum
2. Sharpen skills working with Interactive Whiteboard and SMART software
3. Create working classroom tools integrating the Interactive Whiteboard, SMART Notebook, Chromebooks, tablets and phones in their specific areas of study
4. Share these resources with district colleagues