For Transfer Students

The Office of Admissions works with transfer students to help make their transition to Castleton as easy as possible. Students who have attempted postsecondary college credit(s), following high school graduation or after receiving a GED are considered transfer students. With the many excellent opportunities Castleton offers for you to receive your degree, we are excited in your interest and encourage you to contact us with any questions.

Common Application

Castleton is a member of the Common Application. We encourage you to apply online through the Common Application.

If you are unable to submit online, Castleton’s paper application is available to print. Paper applications can be submitted via fax: (802) 468-1476 or via email.

For help with the application process, please email or call us: (800) 639-8521.

Rolling Admission

Castleton encourages students to apply early, to provide the best opportunity for informed decision making and financial aid. Applications are encouraged on a rolling basis and decisions for both fall and spring semesters are rolling. Castleton does not have an application deadline, yet we encourage careful attention to aid, scholarship, and enrollment deadlines.

Great Scholarships Available

With specific scholarships available for transfer students, including up to $11,000 for qualifying students, Castleton makes continuing your education accessible and affordable. 

Application Review

Our application review begins in September for spring semester enrollment (semester beginning in January) and late November for fall semester enrollment (semester beginning in the end of August). All decisions are mailed on a rolling basis. When your application and all required materials are submitted, we intend to send you notification of our decision in 7-10 business days. Some applications require further information beyond the general application. These instances include application to the following departments:

  • Art (portfolio required)
  • Music and Music Education (audition required)
  • Nursing program applicants (welcome fall term only) may require additional faculty review time

‚ÄčTrack Your Castleton Application

If you haven't already created a Castleton account, we encourage you to do so. This will provide access to more detailed information, while keeping you informed and connected with Castleton. Should you choose to apply, this account will allow you to track your application status and more!

Transfer Credit Evaluation

Official transcripts of all previous college courses must be submitted in order to evaluate transfer credits. Credit may be transferred for courses completed at institutions accredited by a regional accrediting association or by an accrediting agency recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation where the earned grade was “C-“or higher.

The Preliminary Transfer Evaluation is completed by the Registrar’s Office and mailed to the student once the student has been accepted for admission. Vermont State College (VSC) credits will not appear, as VSC credits are fully transferrable. Students may be required during their first semester of attendance at Castleton to provide additional documentation to academic departments for courses counting towards the students major.

For more detailed information, please see information for Evaluation of Transfer Credit within our academic catalog. For questions regarding transfer credit evaluation, please contact the Registrar’s Office through the Financial & Registration Services Office at (802) 468-6070.