Campus Conversation Partners
Campus Conversation Partners is a program that pairs Castleton students who are learning English with native or near-native English speaking members of the university for one-on-one, informal conversation in English.
- Helps students who are learning English improve their speaking and listening skills
- Helps students whose origin is outside the U.S. to understand and adapt to U.S. culture
- Promotes awareness of the partners’ respective countries and cultures
- Gives both partners an opportunity to see the world from another perspective
- Creates a rewarding new friendship
How it Works:
- Interested students—both English language learners and native/near-native English speakers - fill out a brief survey from the ISO.
- The ISO matches partners, based on this survey.
- The ISO introduces partners to each other at a first meeting. The partners sign a contract that requires them to meet for one hour a week for the remainder the term.
- Partners meet independently. If, at any point, a partner has a concern about the program, they should contact the ISO.
If you have any further questions or are a family interested in joining this program, please contact Deborah Singiser, Director of International Student Services or by phone at (802) 468-1087.
If you are an international student interested in this program, please fill out the form below and Deborah Singiser will be in contact with you.