This pillar aligns with VSCS strategic priorities 3, 5, 6
Priorities & Strategies
STRATEGIC FUNDRAISING PLAN
- Develop strong donor relations through multiple opportunities for targeted touches.
- Offer naming opportunities including:
- Academic programs
- Athletic, Academic, and Residence Life facilities
- Focus fundraising on scholarship generating, including multi-year “Together We Will Change the World” campaign
- Focus on alumni relations, growing signature events, and improving donor retention.
- Implement internal giving campaigns and challenges that increase student, faculty, and staff support.
BRAND & VALUE STATEMENT = "OUR STORY"
- Develop and implement a comprehensive integrated marketing communications campaign, including strong internal communications.
- Establish student-centered influencer marketing practicum to support academic departments.
GRANTS PURSUIT & ACQUISITION
- Hire Director of Grants.
- Focus on program development and growth initiatives.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, PARTNERSHIPS, AND TOWN/GOWN RELATIONS
- Gain membership on local boards, attendance at chamber mixers, Rotary functions, and other community-oriented events.
- Active participation on Bridge Committee.
- Showcase academic excellence through faculty and student achievements.
- Increase the quality and frequency of internal and external newsletters, alumni magazines, and quarterly/annual reports.