Growth and Relevance
This pillar aligns with VSCS priorities 1, 2, 3, 4
Priorities & Strategies
- Provide sound enrollment projections supported by historical and future trends data.
- Expand enrollment through comprehensive enrollment strategies including:
- Expansion of geographic recruitment areas
- Encouragement/empowerment of alumni, faculty, staff, and students
- Increase first-year enrollments through an increased presence in high schools, technical centers, and within communication to parents & counselors
- Increase transfer enrollments by expanding articulation agreements, pathways, and on-site delivery
MARKET RESEARCH & TRENDS DRIVE DECISIONS
- Utilize common data set, CIRP, and other primary research.
- Utilize census, labor statistics, and other secondary research.
EXPANDED INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT
- Focus on international schools with an English curriculum.
- Engage in Blue Chip recruitment trips twice each year.
- Increase scholarship opportunities and utilize athletics recruitment.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION INITIATIVES
- Increase graduate, online, non-traditional, minority, and dual enrollment through a number of new initiatives including awareness campaigns, academy development, scholarships and grants, and increased course/credential offerings.
IMPROVED RETENTION, PERSISTENCE, AND GRADUATION RATES
- Provide student support services including:
- Appointment of a Director of Retention
- Outreach to current students via Castleton Support Team
- Dispense “completion scholarships” to needy upper-class students
- Expand other scholarship and grant programs
- Implement the “Think Thirty/15-to-finish” campaign.
- Pay close attention to activities and co-curricular options when developing degree maps.