Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees
The Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees provides leadership and governance at the system level. System policies govern fiscal, academic, and personnel matters.
The Board of Trustees is a body of 15 people. Nine trustees are appointed by the Governor of Vermont and each serves a six-year term. Four trustees are state legislators who are elected by the Vermont Legislature and each serves a four-year term. There is one student trustee elected by the VSC Student Government Association. The student trustee serves a one-year term.
The Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees plays a vital role in the college experiences of more than 18,000 students of all ages, backgrounds, and lifestyles. The Board also plays a major oversight role for institutions that are vital to the training of Vermont's future workforce and the state’s economic development.
The Board of Trustees meets four times per year, rotating meeting locations to each college campus. Committee meetings occur on a regular basis and take place at the Office of the Chancellor in Montpelier. All meetings of the Board and its committees are open to the public.
The Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees
- Janette Bombardier, Colchester, VT, Vice Chair, Long Range Planning Committee
- Megan Cluver, Hinesburg, VT, Secretary
- Ryan Cooney, Springfield, VT, Student Trustee
- Rep. Eileen “Lynn” Dickinson St Albans, VT, Vice Chair of the Board
- Dylan Giambatista, Essex Junction, VT
- Adam Grinold, Wilmington, VT
- Churchill “Church” Hindes, Colchester, VT, Chair of the Board, Chair, Finance & Facilities Committee
- Rep. Bill Lippert, Jr, Hinesburg, VT
- Karen Luneau St Albans, VT, Vice Chair, Education, Personnel & Student Life Committee
- Rep. Jim Masland, Thetford, VT, Chair, Education, Personnel & Student Life Committee
- Linda Milne, Montpelier, VT, Chair, Audit Committee
- Michael S. Pieciak, Winooski, VT, Chair, Long Range Planning Committee
- David Silverman, Morrisville, VT, Treasurer, Vice Chair, Audit Committee, Vice Chair Finance & Facilities Committee
- Governor Phil Scott, Berlin, VT, Ex Officio
The Vermont State Colleges System website lists the primary affiliations and background information of its Board of Trustees members.