Application for SSS TRIO Achievement Grant
Fall SSS TRIO Achievement Grant Application
Due: November 18, 2021
Before filling out this application, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
1. Regularly use the services offered by the Academic Support Center (a minimum of six visits (tutoring sessions, Zoom chats, presentations between 8/23/21 and 12/17/21)
2. Have earned fewer than 60 credits
3. Meet the federal TRIO eligibility guidelines
4. Receive a federal Pell grant this fall
5. Earn a semester or cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
6. Have unmet financial need or loans equaling or exceeding grant award
7. Complete iGrad on-line course – all ten introductory courses, and one intermediate course and one advanced course of your choosing (Go to https://castleton.igrad.com/login and select “sign up” at the bottom righthand corner of the window to create your account.)
You may submit your application on paper in Babcock, online (castleton.edu/academicsupport), or via e-mail to CUAcademicSupport@castleton.edu.
But we’re very strict about deadlines.
Applications are due on November 18, 2021.
We review applications in the order we receive them, so get yours in earlier if you can. And keep studying. The better your grades, the better your chance of receiving a grant. Students with the greatest financial need and best academic record will be given preference for SSS TRIO Achievement Grants.
We have $30,000 to give away, and we’ll award $1,000-$2,000 grants toward students’ Spring 2022 bill. If you earn a grant, we’ll let you know in February 2022. Your award can’t exceed the cost of attending Castleton, but you can use it to reduce this year’s student loans.
Call us at 802-468-1347 or e-mail CUAcademicSupport@castleton.edu if you have questions.