TRIO Grant Application
Before filling out this application, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
1. Regularly use the services offered by the Academic Support Center (a minimum of six visits between 1/21/2020 and 5/5/2020)
2. Have earned fewer than 60 credits
3. Meet the federal TRIO eligibility guidelines
4. Receive a federal Pell grant this fall
5. Earn a semester or cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
6. Have unmet financial need or loans of at least TRIO Grant amount
7. Complete Financial Literacy 101 online course (go to financialliteracy101.org. Access Code: CSCTRIO)
We’re flexible. You may submit your application on paper in Babcock, online (castleton.edu/academicsupport), or via e-mail to email@example.com.
But we’re very strict about deadlines: applications are due on April 13, 2020. We review applications in the order we receive them, so get yours in earlier if you can. And keep studying: the better your grades, the better your chance of receiving a grant. Students with the greatest financial need and best academic record will be given preference for TRIO grants.
We have $30,000 to give away, and we’ll award approximately twenty-five grants of $1200 toward students’ Spring 2020 bill. If you earn a grant, we’ll let you know in May 2020. Your award can’t exceed the cost of attending Castleton, but you can use it to reduce this year’s student loans.
Call us at 802-468-1347 if you have questions.