Before filling out this application, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
1. Regularly use the services offered by the Academic Support Center (a minimum of six visits between 8/27/18 and 12/14/18)
2. Have earned fewer than 60 credits
3. Meet the federal TRIO eligibility guidelines
4. Receive a federal Pell grant this fall
5. Earn a semester or cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
6. Have unmet financial need or loans of at least TRIO Grant amount
7. Complete Financial Literacy 101 online course (go to financialliteracy101.org. Access Code: CSCTRIO)
Grant amounts will range from $1,000 to $2,000 and will be applied toward the student’s Spring 2019 bill. Awards cannot cover more than the total cost of attending college and may be applied to loan debt. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received until all funds are awarded. Students with the greatest financial need and the best academic record will be given preference. $45,000 in grants will be awarded.
We're flexible. You may submit your application online via the form below, on paper in Babcock, or via email to Kelley Beckwith.
But we're strict about deadlines: applications are due on October 25, 2018, at 4 pm. We review applications in the order we receive them, so get yours in earlier if you can. And keep studying: the better your grades, the better your chance of receiving a grant. Students with the greatest financial need and the best academic record will be given preference for TRIO grants.
We have $45,000 to give away, and we'll award approximately thirty grants of $1,000 to $1,500 for students' Spring 2019 tuition bill. If you earn a grant, we'll let you know in January 2019. Your award can't exceed the cost of attending Castleton, but you can use it to reduce this year's student loans.
Call us at (802) 468-1347 if you have any questions.