Tuition, Fees & Scholarships
Castleton University Scholarships
All Castleton graduates are eligible for a one-time $500 scholarship when they matriculate into the graduate program of their choice.
- Athletic Training major; minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0; demonstrate need as determined by the Financial Aid Office. current FAFSA required.
- The Athletic Training Scholarship, initiated by Dave Perrin ’76 and funded with the help of alumni, faculty, and friends, was established for the benefit of students majoring in athletic training.
Scholarships available from Athletic Training professional organizations
Note: these scholarships require sponsorship from the athletic training program faculty
The Vermont Association of Athletic Trainers (VAAT), in cooperation with District One of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) is committed to honoring outstanding athletic training students from the VAAT membership who have excelled academically and clinically. At present, one $2500 grant and one $500 grant will be awarded annually to students who have participated with distinction in a university athletic training program. These awards are meant to encourage the recipients to continue their educational development in the athletic training profession. A maximum of two students from the Master of Athletic Training program may be nominated annually by program faculty to be eligible for these grants.
Eastern Athletic Trainers Association Scholarships The Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association, Inc. has inaugurated a scholarship program honoring outstanding students from the EATA membership who have excelled academically and clinically as professional (entry-level) athletic training students. At present, eleven $3000 grants are awarded annually to students in entry-level accredited programs who have participated with distinction in a college or university athletic training program. These awards are meant to encourage the recipients to continue their education toward a professional athletic training degree and pursue a career in athletic training.
Find out more about scholarships offered through the Castleton University Financial Aid office.
- Years 1-3 students pay undergraduate rate
- Summer 1 students pay undergraduate summer rate
- Year 4 students pay undergraduate rate
- Summer 2 students pay graduate rate
- Year 5 students pay graduate rate
Post-baccalaureate MAT Program
- Students pay the graduate tuition rate
The full table of rates can be found by visiting castleton.edu/tuition
Additional Program Fees & Expenses
Additional fees and expenses include but are not limited to:
1. Equipment, supplies, and select laboratory and curricular technology fees; specific course fees can be viewed within the course descriptions, as listed in the graduate catalog.
2. The purchase of appropriate attire to be worn in the clinical setting.
3. Travel to and from clinical sites.