Apple Watch in Education, Aigner, Summer 2020
||EDU 5515 C38
|Dates and Times:
August 15- August 30, 2020
||$975 includes a series 4 Apple Watch (no cell service or GPS)
Note: Please register online. Purchase order or payment of $975, payable to CASTLETON UNIVERSITY, is due at the time of registration. Please mail the check to: Financial & Registration Services, Castleton University, 62 Alumni Drive, Castleton, VT 05735. To help us ensure that your payment is applied to the correct course, PLEASE WRITE “CFS” IN THE CHECK MEMO LINE.
If supply chains are interrupted or technology prices increase, Castleton University reserves the right to cancel the course or increase tuition. Delivery of Apple Watch by course start date cannot be guaranteed for registrations received after August 1, 2020.
Apple watches must be delivered to your school. Please make sure somebody will be at the school this summer to receive delivery and please input the full school name and mailing address in the registration form where prompted.
The Apple Watch is a new device that can deliver messages, calls, your calendar and mail at your wrist, making educators more efficient. Busy educators can monitor physical activity levels, set goals for movement, and get progress in order to monitor their health and wellness. There is even a custom heart rate sensor. You can glimpse the weather, use a map to find your location, and of course, tell time. All of these tools can help you stay connected, without reaching for your IPhone, and keep you well-organized. These devices will be appearing on student wrists too and have potential use for instruction in the classroom. We will be examining the use of Apple Watches and knock-off android devices by students for formative assessment, health, PE and more!
Tuition includes an Apple Watch. Users must already own an iPhone for this to work.
1. Set up an Apple watch so that you can see your calendar, messages, mail and calls.
2. Customize the watch so that you can manage it with efficiency
3. Learn to use SIRI and other features
4. Discuss these types of devices and students/classroom
5. Explore the impact that the device can have on student learning and achievement
Together we will:
- Set up watch and customize
- Work with mail, messaging, calendars and more
- Explore the use by both teachers and students and the potential use for student learning and achievemen
- Log-on to the LMS and review videos and articles participate in the discussions
- Log-on to the LMS and discuss the impact the device can have on student learning.
For additional course information
For additional registration information