KoSA Internation Percussion Workshop, Mazza, Summer 2019
||MUS 5710 CFS3 (graduate) & MUS 4710 CFS1 (undergraduate)
|Dates and Times:
||June 25-30, 10 am - 11 pm
||3 graduate or undergraduate credits
Note: Please register directly with KoSA. If you wish to take the course for credit, please notify KoSA who will give you the Castleton registration link.
The KoSA Percussion workshops bring to Montreal 14 of today’s most respected performers and educators in the percussion field. As part of the curriculum, participants explore all facets of percussion performance in Western European tradition as well as percussion in jazz, rock, funk and the various world cultures such as African, Indian, Cuban, and more. Performance practice techniques and new methods of musical training will be taught. Hands-on intensive learning will take place as well as attending concerts each evening performed by the faculty of international stars.
- Introduction / Philosophy/ Correlation to National Standards
- Music Aptitude and related research
- 12 Step Method of teaching music literacy
- Development of teaching techniques
- Writing Lessons
- Creating Unit Plans
Course Goals & Objectives
The student will be able to:
Understand the philosophy, history, and learning sequence presented in KoSA percussion workshops.
Develop teaching and performing skills necessary to be active in national school levels as well as professional performance understanding.
- Active participation in all activities and discussions
- Participation in minimum 3 different ensembles
- Daily classes in 5 different areas minimum
- Final public performance attendance
For additional course and registration information