||EDU 5515 C14
||In-person at Rutland High School & Online
|Dates and Times:
||November 9th, 2019 to January 11, 2020. The course begins with an in-person session on Saturday, November 9, 2019 from 9-2:30 and continues in an online environment until January 11, 2020.
||3 Graduate Credits
||$1,500. Tuition includes an Acer Chromebook Spin 511.
Note: Course payment or purchase order of $1,500, payable to Castleton University, is due at the time of registration.
This course will assist educators in developing new content, process and student products using the Google Suite, Google Classroom, Book Creator, WeVideo and other digital resources. You can use your LMS too! Each student receives a touch Chromebook.
- Identify content options in Google—and acquire or create course content
- Explore the Google Suite
- Learn about touch Chromebooks
- Dig deep into Apps like Book Creator, WeVideo, and other App Smash tools for greater creativity and engagement
- Rethink how tools can be used for more reflective student products
In addition to 5 hours of face to face instruction, participants will interact with a Learning Management System for class discussions, responses to articles and other activities. Students can work at their own pace.
Course Goals & Objectives
Participants will be able to:
- Adjust teaching pedagogy to take into account student readiness, interest and learning style
- Learn new tools like Book Creator and WeVideo and how to App Smash with Google Tools
- Identify and build content, media and assessment for a course or courses to create greater student engagement
Costs of required texts, if any, are not included in the course tuition.
Primary Print and Online Resources:
- Text: Articles and Text Chapters from a variety of authors
- Screencasts and videos: Instructor and a variety of resources
- National Educational Technology Standards for teachers: Preparing Teachers to Use Technology (ISTE) and Common Core