The Castleton University Computer Information Systems (CIS) program provides a well-rounded, big picture perspective of the technology–business environment.
CIS focuses on how to apply technology within a business organization. You will learn how systems work, how to use technology systems, and how to solve business problems with innovative technologies.
Upon graduation, you will have the ability to design, create, implement, and interact with information systems that enhance organizational goals.
Highlights of the Computer Information Systems Program
- Prepare yourself for employment in the field of Computer Information Systems through a hands-on, service-learning environment
- The CIS program is sponsored by the Business Administration Department, allowing you to closely interact with professionals in Accounting, Management, and Marketing
- Tap into the expertise of industry professionals and utilize the University’s extensive computing resources
Careers in Computer Information Systems
After graduation, you will be well prepared to continue studies at the graduate level or immediately enter the workforce in a variety of challenging occupations.
Graduates have advanced along many different career paths such as government, commerce, and industry, as well as to senior positions in computer information technology fields.
Common careers include:
IS / IT Manager
Cyber Security Analyst
Graduates from the CIS program have procured jobs with companies such as GE Aviation, Oracle/Taleo, Datamann, Inc., Co-operative Insurance Companies, and Addison Rutland Supervisory Union.
Internships in Computer Information Systems
Castleton students have benefited from internships in the financial sector, the healthcare sector, the hospitality and resort management sector, and the manufacturing sector, including recent internships with the following businesses:
- GE Aviation
- Castleton University IT Services
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vermont Country Store
- Castleton University Energy Conservation
- JNH Environmental