Students in the Castleton University Graphic Design degree program learn to communicate visually.
Through a variety of project-oriented practice and theory-based courses, you are encouraged to develop a personalized style and voice as you master technical design skills, professional industry standards and software, and an understanding of the evolving role of design in the media environment.
Highlights of the Graphic Design Degree Program
- Prepare yourself to meet the needs of the modern professional workforce by building your skills in visual problem solving and communication, layout and design, visual branding, photography, motion graphics and animation, video and filmmaking, and many more.
- Become an integral component of Castleton’s university-community link. Graphic Design students regularly pursue opportunities for hands-on, outside-the-classroom learning with local business and non-profit organizations.
- Participate in the Castleton Content Lab, which pairs students with area businesses to tell their stories and boost your resume. Students can get credit for the work through independent studies or practicums.
Graphic Design Facilities
Graphic Design students hone their skills in Castleton’s professional-level facilities, including a state-of-the-art graphic design lab. The lab features high-performance iMacs and Adobe Creative Cloud software. It is housed in the Fine Arts Center, the creative epicenter of the Castleton campus.
Two 20-station computer labs and the Academic Computing Center in Castleton's Stafford Academic Building are available for students to use industry-standard imaging, web development, and multimedia software.
Other computers run Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After Effects, and a variety of other software.
Careers with a Graphic Design Degree
Graduates of the program go on to a variety of rewarding and popular careers, including:
- Graphic design
- App development
- Web design
- Art direction
- Multimedia art and animation • Interior design
- Advertising design
- Public relations
- Ambient and environmental graphics
- And more!