KINESIOLOGY PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Kinesiology Program at Castleton University is to provide a comprehensive and progressive academic experience that will prepare students for a wide range of career paths related to fitness, wellness, and healthcare. A Kinesiology degree can open the doorway to many healthcare related professions. Specifically, the Kinesiology/Pre-Athletic Training Program prepares students to enter the Master of Athletic Training Program at Castleton University. The Kinesiology Program accepts the overall mission of Castleton University to provide a transformational education that emphasizes undergraduate liberal arts and professional studies while also offering graduate programs.
The Kinesiology Program strives to prepare students for relevant and meaningful careers in a global economy, advanced academic pursuits, and engaged, environmentally responsible citizenship.
Kinesiology Program Goals The Kinesiology Program will prepare students to:
1. Utilize the science of kinesiology to impact health and wellness across the lifespan.
2. Think critically and effectively apply content knowledge to real world situations and tasks.
3. Act as ethically responsible professionals.
4. Utilize effective oral and written communication skills.
5. Secure employment in a kinesiology-related field, or gain admission to a graduate program of study