Take the Lead
As a Management major in the Business Administration department at Castleton University, you will gain the tools you need to become a future leader and adapt to the rapid pace of innovation in the global economy. You will also have the opportunity to jump-start your career while you are still a student. You’ll leave Castleton prepared for a management position in a global workforce.
Why Study Management at Castleton?
- Small classes, expert faculty. Develop the skills you’ll need to be successful in today’s competitive business environment in small classes taught by faculty with extensive experience in business.
- Internships and work experience. Management majors have the opportunity to jump-start their careers while they are still students through internships.
- A step toward your next degree. Students in the management program are well-suited for graduate school, including Castleton’s Master of Business Administration.
- Three-year degree track. Qualified students have the option to complete their degree in just three years with our accelerated track to a bachelor’s degree in management.
Request more information about Castleton's Management major →
What Careers in Management Can I Pursue?
Graduates of the Castleton management program have gone on to careers with organizations such as MEDITECH, Hubbardton Forge, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Green Mountain Power, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car.
You’ll graduate prepared for careers which include:
- Administrative services managers
- Advertising and marketing managers
- Compensation and benefits managers
- Construction managers
- Emergency management directors
- Financial managers
- Human resource managers
- Lodging managers
- Purchasing managers
- Sales managers
- Small business owners
- Training and development managers
View career outcomes →
What You'll Learn
As a student in the management program, you will take courses that give you a solid understanding of general business administration knowledge. You will learn to apply management best practices, productively lead teams, and develop effective responses to managerial challenges.
- Accounting for Management Decisions
- Case Studies in Business Administration
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- International Business
- Organizational Development and Behavior
- Operations Management
- Principles of Marketing
View management courses →
Meet Our Business Faculty
Your professors will have a wealth of experience and knowledge from working as professionals in management, finance, marketing, and more in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Small class sizes provide you with close access to professors with insider perspectives who are also able to help you make connections for internships and future careers.
Meet Castleton's business faculty →
Management majors have the opportunity to complete internships while pursuing their degrees. Recent internship placements include:
- Acadia Insurance
- Castleton Athletics Office
- Custom Scoop
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Hubbardton Forge
- Paramount Theatre
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Spartan Race
- The International
- Vermont Country Store
Clubs and Societies
The Castleton Business Club is a student-run organization open to all members of the student body. Members strengthen their business skills, apply techniques learned in the classroom, increase their capacity to network, and make lifelong connections and friendships.
Sigma Beta Delta
Sigma Beta Delta is an international honor society in business, management, and administration that has chapters around the world to encourage and promote personal and professional improvement. Induction into Sigma Beta Delta is by invitation only and is limited to undergraduate juniors, seniors, and graduate students who rank in the upper 20 percent of their class at the time of invitation.
Learn more from the Business Administration Department →