As a student in Castleton’s Management program, you will gain an edge on the competition by taking courses that provide a foundation of general business knowledge, while also preparing you for a management position in a global workforce.
This degree prepares you to take the lead, hone your leadership skills, and improve communication in your organization.
Highlights of the Management Program
- Management majors are provided a well-rounded education, with courses that prepare you to analyze and evaluate management, leadership, and motivation theories
- Develop the skills you’ll need to be successful in today’s competitive business environment in small classes taught by faculty with extensive experience in business
- Students in the Management program are well-suited for graduate school, including Castleton’s Master of Business Administration
Careers in Management
With a Management degree, you will have the knowledge and understanding to apply management practices and concepts to perform productively in teams, as well as to develop effective responses to managerial challenges.
Possible careers for Management majors include:
- Administrative services managers
- Advertising and marketing managers
- Compensation and benefits managers
- Construction managers
- Elementary, middle, and high school principals
- Emergency management directors
- Financial managers
- Food-service managers
- Human resource managers
- Lodging managers
- Preschool and childcare center directors
- Purchasing managers
- Sales managers
- Top executives
- Training and development managers
Graduates with a Management degree worked at companies such as MEDITECH, Hubbardton Forge, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Green Mountain Power, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car.
Internships in Management
Management majors have the opportunity to jump-start their careers while they are still students. Internships provide you with meaningful real-world experience, allowing you to develop proficient interpersonal skills, gain important leadership experience, and expand your entrepreneurial thinking.
Students have completed internships with the following businesses:
Honor Society in Business, Management, and Administration
Sigma Beta Delta, the international honor society in business, management, and administration, was established to encourage and promote personal and professional improvement and a life distinguished by honorable service to humankind.
Induction into Sigma Beta Delta is by invitation only. It is limited to undergraduate juniors, seniors, and graduate students who rank in the upper 20% of their class at the time of invitation.