Important Steps for Transfer Enrollment
After I've been accepted, what do I need to do to prepare for Registration and Enrollment?
Prepare for Enrollment & Registration!
• Please ensure all your checklist items and Decision Reply Form on your Admissions Application Status Page are completed! For example, Admissions must have your final official transcripts. Contact Admissions if you have any questions or need a link to your status page.
• Login to the Castleton portal. Please be prepared with your username and password. Haven't logged in before? We have instructions for you! The Portal can be used to view your financial aid, as well as to view your schedule after you have been registered for courses.
• Review and familiarize yourself with our undergraduate catalog. Recommended aspects to review include Castleton's General Education Program and Majors & Minors.
• Have a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit ($100 for part-time students) on file in the Admissions Office. Deposit is typically due by May 1 for fall enrollment, yet this date is flexible this year due to coronavirus affecting many families. Fall students, please keep us aware of your plans, submit when you are able, and let us know if you need a waiver. Deposit is due by December 1 for spring enrollment; it will be credited on your future Castleton account. Also, if you haven't already submitted your Decision Reply Form, please do so; it appears on your Admissions Application Status Page.
• Make sure the Financial Aid Office has all your documents. Bill and payment information will be available after registration. For more information, call (802) 468-6070.
Complete Required Forms!
• Submit your Residence Life Housing Contract. You will use your Castleton Portal login to access our eRezlife system and select "new student contract". Please be prepared with your Castleton Portal username and password. Haven't logged in to your portal before? We have instructions for you!
• Complete and return the Health Form. This is required by Vermont State Law to attend class.
• Complete the TRIO form to help us determine your eligibility for the TRIO grant. This grant enables Castleton to provide additional academic support services to students who are first-generation college students, low-income students, or students with documented disabilities.
For additional items, such as Vehicle Registration and Student IDs, please see Frequently Asked Enrollment Questions.
Registration & Orientation!
Transfer students enrolling in the fall 2020 semester (beginning August 2020, see Academic Calendar) will be registered for classes in the summer months on a rolling basis. A Registration Questionnaire for Transfer Advising will be emailed to you, and your submission will connect you with a Summer Transfer Advisor who will help you get registered for fall classes.
We understand you may want a more full picture of what the summer will look like for registration and orientation. Here is a simple overview. After you submit your Registration Questionnaire for Transfer Advising:
- A Summer Transfer Advisor will contact you and determine your class preferences.
- You will be registered for fall classes based on your advising conversation.
- You will receive an email with instructions when your schedule is available to view on your portal.
- Prior to your advising conversation, your CU Academic Advisor will have been assigned based on your program of study. During your advising conversation, your Summer Transfer Advisor will inform you of your CU Academic Advisor and connect you with them.
- You and your CU Academic Advisor are encouraged to continue to connect as needed during the summer.
- Student Orientation Staff (SOS), CU student leaders, are an additional resource to you. An SOS student leader will connect with you this summer.
- You will receive information about Online Orientation midsummer. Online Orientation will ensure you complete enrollment steps and help you understand keys to your success as a new Castleton student.
- In Person Orientation will take place in August. We can't wait to see you then!
If need be, please review Frequently Asked Enrollment Questions.
• Join your Castleton University Class of group: Class of 2024, Class of 2023, Class of 2022, Class of 2021! Follow @CastletonEdu on all social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat!
• Download the Castleton app on your smartphone or tablet. Just search "Castleton" on the Google Play or Apple App store.