Important Steps for Transfer Enrollment
Current information appears on Castleton University pages for students entering in and prior to the 2022-2023 academic year.
Check Your Admissions & Financial Aid Information!
• Ensure your Admissions Application Status Page checklist items are completed, including your Decision Reply Form! Admissions must have your Decision Reply Form and final official transcripts. Contact Admissions if you have any questions or need a link to your status page.
• Have a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit ($100 for part-time students) on file in the Admissions Office. This can be paid on your Admissions Application Status Page after you have completed your Decision Reply Form! Deposit is typically due by December 1 for spring enrollment and May 1 for fall enrollment, yet dates can be flexible if you need more time. Please keep us aware of your plans, submit when you are able, and let us know if you need a waiver. Deposit will be credited on your future Castleton account.
• Login to the Castleton portal and be prepared with your username and password for future use. The Portal can be used to view your financial aid, as well as to view your schedule after you have been registered for courses. Haven't logged in before? We have instructions for you!
• Make sure the Financial Aid Office has all your documents. Bill and payment information will be available after registration. For more information, contact Financial and Registration Services at (802) 468-6070.
Complete Required Forms & COVID Expectations!
• Complete and return the Health Form. This is required by Vermont State Law to attend class.
• Complete the TRIO form to help us determine your eligibility for the TRIO grant. This grant enables Castleton to provide additional academic support services to students who are first-generation college students, low-income students, or students with documented disabilities.
• Complete your COVID-19 Requirements. See COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements. Requirements are expected to be what has been in place, including include honoring mask requests, Spartan Pledge and Vaccination Requirement (or exemption).
• Send a photo for your Castleton ID. When you enroll, Public Safety will use a passport quality photo for your ID card. Your ID card will serve as your key to get into your residence hall, your meal plan, and your overall campus identification. See instructions to submit your Castleton Photo.
• Register your Vehicle. All students are able to have a vehicle on campus regardless of their year at the University. All students must register their vehicle with Public Safety each year, if commuting by car or planning to bring a vehicle to campus. Online vehicle registration is available on our eRezLife system. You will use your Castleton Portal login information to access our eRezLife system. (Haven't logged in to your portal before? We have instructions for you!) On the eRezLife log in page, click on “sign in with your school account” listed under the sign in button. When you are logged in to eRezLife, click on “Vehicle Permit Application” listed on the left hand side of the page. You will need to also abide by the parking policies outlined by Public Safety.
• If you plan to live on campus, submit your Residence Life Housing Contract. Here is how to submit your contract as a new student:
You will use your Castleton Portal login information to access our eRezLife system. (Haven't logged in to your portal before? We have instructions for you!) On the eRezLife log in page, click on “sign in with your school account” listed under the sign in button.
When you are logged in to eRezLife, click on “My Profile” listed on the left hand side of the page. Complete the profile here and make sure to submit. Once that is complete, on the left hand side, click on “Housing Overview”. Make sure to choose “I am a new student for the Spring 2023 semester”. Save. Click on the green “Apply Now” button next to “Spring 2023 (New Students)”. Complete your housing contract by answering all questions and hitting “Save and continue”. Confirm that you understand the housing contract and that the information is complete then hit “Submit application”.
You can review all the housing options online.
Orientation and Registration!
Welcome to Castleton!
Admissions will connect with spring students to inform of detailed next steps after December 1st has passed, in early December, and then on a rolling basis through to the semester start on Tuesday, January 17.
Here are the steps that will prepare you for registering and making your transition to Castleton successful:
Complete your Registration Questionnaire. Admissions will email you a link to your questionnaire form. The questionnaire form also appears as a checklist item on your Application Status Page. This form notifies us that you are ready to meet with a Transfer Advisor to register for classes and also provides more information about your aspirations for your Transfer Advisor to consider.
Complete Orientation online and pass all the brief (easy!) quizzes. This is required before meeting with your Transfer Advisor. A link to Online Orientation is included in Admissions correspondence and emailed to you when you submit your registration questionnaire. Online Orientation will ensure you complete enrollment steps and help you understand keys to your success as a new Castleton student. Online Orientation will also prepare you for your transfer advising conversation.
After you have completed your Questionnaire and Orientation, a Transfer Advisor will connect. They will call or email you to set up a time to meet, either via Zoom or by phone. Together, you will discuss your class preferences, and you will register for classes during your advising conversation.
Your CU Faculty Advisor will then be assigned based on your program of study. The name and contact information for your faculty advisor will be given to you during your advising conversation. We encourage you to connect with this advisor early in the semester.
A member of the Student Orientation Staff (SOS), a CU student leader, will be an additional resource to you and your classmates. A SOS student leader may connect with you prior to the start of the semester.
• At the semester start, all new students (first-year and transfer, living on campus or commuting) are expected to attend In-Person Orientation, a series of welcome events designed for you to connect with resources, faculty, staff, and students! Spring 2023 In-Person Orientation is currently scheduled for January 15 through January 16.
• The first day of classes is Tuesday, January 17.
• Follow @CastletonEdu on all social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat!
• Download the Castleton app on your smartphone or tablet. Just search "Castleton" on the Google Play or Apple App store.
• Castleton is becoming Vermont State University, Vermont State Castleton, on July 1, 2023. Follow Vermont State on all social media channels!