Important Steps for Transfer Enrollment
Important Notice: We understand you may have questions about plans for academic delivery and activity in 2021. With requirements for vaccination or exemption and mask policy in place, we are anticipating a return to normal activities on campus, including athletics, events, and a majority of course listings in-person.
Check Your Admissions & Financial Aid Information!
• Ensure your Admissions Application Status Page checklist items are completed! Admissions must have your Decision Reply Form and final official transcripts. Contact Admissions if you have any questions or need a link to your status page.
• Have a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit ($100 for part-time students) on file in the Admissions Office. Deposit is typically due by December 1 for spring enrollment and May 1 for fall enrollment, yet dates can be flexible if you need more time. Please keep us aware of your plans, submit when you are able, and let us know if you need a waiver. Deposit will be credited on your future Castleton account.
• Login to the Castleton portal and be prepared with your username and password for future use. The Portal can be used to view your financial aid, as well as to view your schedule after you have been registered for courses. Haven't logged in before? We have instructions for you!
• Make sure the Financial Aid Office has all your documents. Bill and payment information will be available after registration. For more information, contact Financial and Registration Services at (802) 468-6070.
Complete Required Forms & COVID Expectations!
• Complete and return the Health Form. This is required by Vermont State Law to attend class.
• Complete the TRIO form to help us determine your eligibility for the TRIO grant. This grant enables Castleton to provide additional academic support services to students who are first-generation college students, low-income students, or students with documented disabilities.
• Complete the New Student Information Form.
• Complete your COVID-19 Requirements. Fall 2021 expectations include Spartan Pledge and Vaccination Requirement (or exemption). See all current Fall 2021 Information, including our mask policy.
• Send a photo for your Castleton ID. When you enroll, Public Safety will use a passport quality photo for your ID card. Your ID card will serve as your key to get into your residence hall, your meal plan, and your overall campus identification. See instructions to submit your Castleton Photo.
• Register your Vehicle. All students are able to have a vehicle on campus regardless of their year at the University. All students must register their vehicle with Public Safety each year, if commuting by car or planning to bring a vehicle to campus. Online vehicle registration is available on the portal. You will need to also abide by the parking policies outlined by Public Safety.
• If you plan to live on campus, submit your Residence Life Housing Contract. You can review all the housing options online. You will use your Castleton Portal login to access our eRezlife system. Log into your Castleton Portal. Haven't logged in to your portal before? We have instructions for you! Once logged in, scroll down and click on “eRezLife” highlighted in green. On the new log in page, click on “sign in with your school account” listed under the sign in button. Now that you are logged in, click on “My Profile” listed on the left hand side of the page. Complete the profile here and make sure to submit. Once that is complete, on the left hand side, click on “Housing Overview”. Make sure to choose “I am a new student for the Fall 2021 semester”. Click on the green “Apply Now” button next to “Fall 2021 (New Students)”. Complete your housing contract by answering all questions and hitting “Save and continue”. Confirm that you understand the housing contract and that the information is complete then hit “Submit application”.
Registration & Orientations!
Fall 2021 semester students (beginning end of August 2021) will be registered for classes in the summer months on a rolling basis. These next steps are also emailed to all admitted students, after May 1st has passed and on a rolling basis through the summer.
• Complete your Registration Questionnaire. Admissions will email you a link to your questionnaire form. The questionnaire form also appears as a checklist item on your Application Status Page. This form notifies us that you are ready to meet with a Transfer Advisor to register for classes and also provides more information about your aspirations for your Transfer Advisor to consider.
• Complete Online Orientation and pass 15 brief (easy!) quizzes. This is required before meeting with your Transfer Advisor. A link to Online Orientation is included in Admissions correspondence and emailed to you when you submit your registration questionnaire. Online Orientation will ensure you complete enrollment steps and help you understand keys to your success as a new Castleton student. Online Orientation will also prepare you for your transfer advising conversation.
• After you have completed your Questionnaire and Orientation, a Transfer Advisor will connect. Together, you will discuss your class preferences, and you will register for classes during your advising conversation.
• Your CU Academic Advisor will have been assigned based on your program of study. This information will be available during your advising conversation and in your portal. You and your CU Academic Advisor are encouraged to connect.
• A member of the Student Orientation Staff (SOS), a CU student leader, will be an additional resource to you and your classmates. A SOS student leader will connect with you.
• At the semester start all new students (first-year and transfer, living on campus or commuting) will attend In-Person Orientation, currently scheduled for August 20 and 21. If you are unable to attend, please send a request for permission to miss to Dean Proulx.
• Join your Castleton University Class of group: Class of 2025, Class of 2024, Class of 2023, Class of 2022! Follow @CastletonEdu on all social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat! Encourage your family to join the Class of 2025 Parents & Families Facebook Group, too!
• Download the Castleton app on your smartphone or tablet. Just search "Castleton" on the Google Play or Apple App store.