Important Steps for Transfer Enrollment
Important Notice: We understand you may have questions about plans for academic delivery in 2021. Spring semester is underway with 1/3 of our courses in-person, 1/2 online, and the rest hybrid (a combination of in-person and online). Fall plans are to be determined, yet we anticipate an increase of in-person opportunities. We will keep incoming students informed as information becomes available.
Check Your Admissions & Financial Aid Information!
• Ensure your Admissions Application Status Page checklist items are completed! Admissions must have your Decision Reply Form and final official transcripts. Contact Admissions if you have any questions or need a link to your status page.
• Have a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit ($100 for part-time students) on file in the Admissions Office. Deposit is typically due by December 1 for spring enrollment and May 1 for fall enrollment, yet dates are flexible this year due to coronavirus affecting many families. Please keep us aware of your plans, submit when you are able, and let us know if you need a waiver. Deposit will be credited on your future Castleton account.
• Login to the Castleton portal and be prepared with your username and password for future use. The Portal can be used to view your financial aid, as well as to view your schedule after you have been registered for courses. Haven't logged in before? We have instructions for you!
• Make sure the Financial Aid Office has all your documents. Bill and payment information will be available after registration. For more information, contact Financial and Registration Services at (802) 468-6070.
Complete Required Forms & COVID Expectations!
• Submit your Residence Life Housing Contract. Spring 2021 contracts remain open (fall contracts are not yet available). You will use your Castleton Portal login to access our eRezlife system and select "new student contract". Please be prepared with your Castleton Portal username and password. Haven't logged in to your portal before? We have instructions for you!
• Complete and return the Health Form. This is required by Vermont State Law to attend class.
• Complete the TRIO form to help us determine your eligibility for the TRIO grant. This grant enables Castleton to provide additional academic support services to students who are first-generation college students, low-income students, or students with documented disabilities.
• Complete the New Student Information Form.
• Complete your Quarantine. Expectations for all students include Quarantine, Test, and Pledge. See Details: COVID-19 Updates . Ensure your understanding of these three items, and fulfill your quarantine requirement.
• Sign your Spartan Pledge. The Spartan Pledges is your commitment to the well-being of the community during COVID-19. To do so, Login to your Castleton portal; the Spartan Pledge appears in the bottom right hand corner.
• Submit your Consent to On-Campus COVID Testing and your Covid Testing Pre-Registration Form. See COVID-19 Updates , Important Information for all Students about Required Testing, for detailed information.
• Send a photo for your Castleton ID. When you enroll, Public Safety will use a passport quality photo for your ID card. Your ID card will serve as your key to get into your residence hall, your meal plan, and your overall campus identification. See instructions to submit your Castleton Photo.
• Register your Vehicle. All students are able to have a vehicle on campus regardless of their year at the University. All students must register their vehicle with Public Safety each year, if commuting by car or planning to bring a vehicle to campus. Online vehicle registration is available on the portal. You will need to also abide by the parking policies outlined by Public Safety.
Registration & Orientation!
Fall 2021 semester students (beginning end of August 2021) will be registered for classes in the summer months on a rolling basis. We will inform fall students of next steps after May 1st has passed, in mid-May.
• Join your Castleton University Class of group: Class of 2025, Class of 2024, Class of 2023, Class of 2022! Follow @CastletonEdu on all social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat!
• Download the Castleton app on your smartphone or tablet. Just search "Castleton" on the Google Play or Apple App store.