Student of Color Liaison
First established in 2020, Castleton University’s student of color liaison is responsible for providing support for students of color, promoting learning opportunities to enhance diversity, and growing awareness and understanding of the challenges faced by students of color on campus and in the community.
Additionally, the student of color liaison will:
- Support initiatives that grow Castleton’s racial diversity among students, faculty, and staff
- Support the work of Castleton’s NAACP Student Chapter and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Plan events that foster support and community on campus
- Present to various student groups and educate them on the university’s policies regarding racism and bias
- Provide resources for students of color
- Assist students with the reporting of incidents that violate the university’s policies
Meet our Student of Color Liaison
Adnane Adossama ‘19 was named Castleton’s student of color liaison in March 2022. Adnane currently serves as the student development coordinator for Upward Bound. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from Castleton. Born in the small African country of Togo, Adnane and his family relocated to South Burlington, Vermont, when he was a child due to ongoing political conflict.
Connect with our Student of Color Liaison
Students, faculty, and staff can schedule a meeting with Adnane using Calendly.
Resources for Students of Color