JED Campus Initiative
Castleton University has partnered with JED Campus to support students' mental health and wellness. As a member of JED Campus, Castleton is demonstrating its commitment to assessing and enhancing mental health, substance use, and suicide prevention programming.
JED Campus is a signature program of The JED Foundation, designed to guide colleges and universities across the country through a collaborative process of comprehensive systems, program, and policy development with customized support over a four-year strategic partnership to help create positive, systemic change within our campus community.
Through our partnership with JED Campus, Castleton University will:
- Collaborate with our JED Campus team to look for opportunities to enhance emotional health and wellbeing on our campus.
- Complete the JED Campus self-assessment and conduct an in-depth, confidential Healthy Minds Survey among students.
- Participate in a full-day campus visit with our JED Campus team to generate goals and to develop a strategic plan that will serve as a roadmap for the life of the project.
- Receive ongoing consultation, support, and guidance from our JED Campus advisor.
- Share resources and information with other JED Campus colleges and universities.
Over the course of the next four years (ending in 2022), Castleton University will be addressing student wellness in the following ways:
- Developing and supporting life skills
- Social connectedness among students
- Identifying students at risk
- Increasing help-seeking behavior
- Clinical services
- and more
Castleton's JED Campus Team
- Victoria Angis – Associate Dean of Students
- Tim Barrett – Senior Associate Athletic Director / Part-time Faculty
- David Blow – Media & Communication Professor
- Amy Bremel – Coordinator of Advocacy, Activism, and Non-Violence Education
- Martha Coulter – Director of the Wellness Center
- Katy Culpo – Associate Professor / Health Education Program Coordinator
- Keith Molinari – Director of Public Safety
- Matt Patry – Director of Student Activities
- Amanda Richardson – Director of Institutional Research / Director of the McNair Scholars Program
- Jake Rick – Grounds Supervisor
- Mike Robilotto – Director of Residence Life
- Gerry Volpe – Coordinator of Disability Services
- Shaun Williams – Assistant Director of Residence Life
- Allison Andrade '22
- Castleton Police Department
- Vermont Department of Health
- Rutland Regional Medical Center