Support and Guidance for Victims of Sexual Violence
For resources, go to https://resolve.vsc.edu/ or refer to the Sexual Assault Resource Guide found on the Castleton University website http://s3.amazonaws.com/castleton/files/resources/assault-resource-guide.pdf.
Sexual misconduct can include sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking and creates trauma where you might not know where to begin. You can start by reaching out to any of the following:
- Peer Advocates for CHANGE (802-417-1408);
- An Area Coordinator;
- A Community Advisor;
- Wellness Center professional staff (802-468-1346);
- Public Safety (802.468-1215);
- Your Academic Advisor;
- Associate Dean of Students (802-468-1231);
- The Coordinator of Advocacy, Activism, & Nonviolence Education (802-468-1747);
- Rutland County 24-Hour Rape Crisis Line (1-800-489-7273 or 1-800-228-7395 or 775-3232);
- Parents or a trusted friend.
Many valuable resources are available at https://resolve.vsc.edu/