Rates & Policies
On your wedding day, The Conferences and Events Department will have an event manager on site to ensure the success of your wedding. The event manager will help with the setting up of the guest book, favors, etc. and will be present until the end of your reception. While the event manager will be at the Pavilion finishing up last minute details, it is typically the Justice of Peace or minister who will help with the ceremony line up on the day of the wedding and conducts a rehearsal for you and the bridal party.
Facility Rental Fee
|Facility Rental Fee
Wedding ceremony on the Grounds
(To include ½ hour rehearsal during the week, and chairs)
*All food and beverage pricing is subject to a 20% catering fee.
- Use of Castleton Pavilion and Pavilion grounds for a five-hour reception
- Tables and chairs for inside the pavilion
- Function manager
- Set up and breakdown of tables and chairs
- Event signage
- Castleton University requires a certificate of General Liability Insurance to include host liquor liability in the minimum amount of one million, listing Castleton University, VSC, Trustees, Employees and Agents as additionally insured.
- Ending time of events is 11 pm.
- Conferences and Events handle all rentals.
- Candles are permitted. We recommend that candles be covered in a hurricane candleholder or covered lamp.
- No nails or tacks may be used at the Pavilion. All decorations must be approved by Conferences and Events in advance.
- Sound levels need to be kept to a minimum and DJs, bands, or other music performers must not exceed the maximum sound level as stipulated by the University.