Associate Academic Dean
62 Alumni Drive
Dr. Galle joined the faculty of Castleton University in Fall 2014 after spending a year as a post-doctoral associate in the Department of Teaching and Learning at New York University. Inspired by teaching courses in Precalculus and Calculus at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY for two years, she received her Ph.D. in Mathematics Education from the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH in May 2013. When she’s not busy preparing her lectures or answering student questions, she enjoys knitting and hiking.
Ph.D., University of New Hampshire
M.S., University of New Hampshire
M.S., Rochester Institute of Technology
B.S., Rochester Institute of Technology
- Poster Presentation at the 2019 National Inquiry-Based Learning & Teaching Conference
- Co-organizer of the 2nd Annual VSCFF Student Symposium
- Member of the EMC2 Course Design Team supported by VSAC, the VSCS, and the Vermont Agency of Education.
- Member of the 2016 Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE) STaR Fellow cohort
- Presented papers at the SIGMAA on RUME conference in 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014
- Co-authored a paper with Dr. Dawn Meredith, Associate Professor of Physics at the University of New Hampshire, that was published in The Physics Teacher
- Earned a Belknap Range Hiking Patch from Belknap County Sportsmen’s Association by hiking all 12 peaks.
- Has knit dozens of hats for family, friends, and donation to children's hospitals.