6 Alumni Drive
Gregory Supernovich has taught half-time in the English Department at Castleton for more than 20 years. Before coming to Castleton, he worked ten years as a newspaper reporter and a medical/environmental, public affairs writer/editor. To further his writing/teaching/literature learning in the last 20 years, he has taken courses at Harvard University, University of Southern Maine, Wesleyan University, Skidmore College, Middlebury College, Vermont Studio Center, and University of Vermont. One of his main goals as a teacher is to maintain a classroom of active student participation. When Supernovich is not being too serious, he likes to hike, kayak, swim and cross country ski, hang out with his two (young adult) sons, and watch detective/mystery shows.
M.S., Boston University
B.A., Rutgers University
- Novelist – Atlantic LoveSong.
- Part-time tutor – Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program.
- Scholar – Vermont Humanities Council.
- Former part-time teacher – Marble Valley Correctional Facility.
- International Traveler – In the last ten years, he has visited China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Israel, France, and Belgium.