Associate Professor, Program Director, Social Work
6 Alumni Drive
Dr. Michael Reeves is a native New Englander, born and raised in Rhode Island. He was a school social worker for 28 years before joining the faculty at Castleton. He worked in elementary, middle school, and high school settings, public and private. Reeves served as an administrator for a residential treatment center and was a clinical social worker in a small group practice. He is licensed as a clinical social worker in Vermont.
Dr. Reeves recently completed his qualitative dissertation at the University of Connecticut School of Social Work, using photo elicitation with adolescents in homeless families.
Dr. Reeves also has a research interest in the areas of military families, political social work, and the intersection of spirituality and social work. His activities include Tae Kwon Do, running, and stained glass. He is married with four children.
Ph.D., Connecticut School of Social Work
M.S.W., Boston University
B.A., Providence College
- Elected to school committee in Coventry, RI - served 4+ years
- Recognized by Coventry, RI Town Council for work on health and wellness and tobacco-free schools
- 2nd-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- Published in the Journal of Teaching in Social Work
- Part of a coast-to-coast walk to raise money for hunger programs