Professor, Athletic Training Program Director
Spartan Athletic Complex
190 University Drive
Professor Boucher joined the Castleton Athletic Training Program faculty in 1997, and has held the position of program director since 2006. She holds a BS from the State University of New York at Cortland and an MS from Northeastern Illinois University. She has held previous positions as an athletic trainer at the collegiate, high school, and sports medicine clinic levels, and has also worked in the corporate health and fitness arena. Her teaching emphasis is in the evaluation of athletic injuries and advanced athletic training courses. Other areas of professional interest include postural restoration and myofascial release therapy.
M.S., Northeastern Illinois University
B.S., State University of New York at Cortland
- Trained therapist in myofascial release, rebounding, and unwinding.
- Held the following certifications: Certified Athletic Trainer (Board of Certification), Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength and Conditioning Association), Exercise Test Technologist (American College of Sports Medicine), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (American Heart Association), CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Site visitor for the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Served as a Clinical Instructor Educator and a Program Director in a CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program.
- Served as an examiner for the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification practical examination.
- Served as the Faculty Athletics Representative for Castleton University.
- Member of the Concussion Task Force, Brain Injury Association of Vermont.
- Served on the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Re-Accreditation Steering Committee for Castleton University.
- Chair of the Vermont Association of Athletic Trainers (VAAT) Scholarship Committee.