6 Alumni Drive
Stephanie Wilson is a 1995 graduate of Castleton and a native Vermonter. She received her M.A. in Communication from Marist and, along with her husband Andrew, has been a part-time faculty member since 2003. Stephanie and Andrew have owned and operated their own digital video production company since 1998 and love to share their experience with Castleton students. They both are passionate about helping students find internships, and ultimately, employment in the Communication field.
Stephanie has extensive experience in public relations, media writing, and broadcasting and brings her professional experience and enthusiasm for media into the classroom. Her love of media studies is limitless because the media landscape never stands still! She will continue to teach and share with students for as long as she can still remember "what it feels like to walk in my student's shoes." As a native Vermonter who worked full time to put herself through college as a Castleton undergrad, Stephanie shares a special understanding with many of her students. And as the University grows and changes, and the classroom grows more diverse, she is excited about her students' prospects when they graduate from Castleton.
Stephanie loves reading, travel, bike riding and camping at Vermont State Parks. She lives with her husband, her two children (one toddler and one teenager!) and two dogs.
M.A., Marist College
B.A., Castleton University
- Volunteer Independent Producer at PEGTV for 20 years
- Has produced and hosted a monthly pet adoption show for her local animal shelter since 1998
- Won "The Romeo Award" for exceptional volunteer television programming
- Led a United Way Allocations Committee in a variety of volunteer service areas (seniors, children, health care, mental health, and substance abuse treatment and prevention)
- Served as Community Relations Chair on a number of non-profit organizations, including R.S.V.P., The Salvation Army, and the Maclure Library since 1995