Academic Program Annual Report Guidelines
The Academic Program Annual Report covers the assessment actions, data and events that occurred in the academic year since the last annual report, and plan of action for maintaining, strengthening or changing aspects of the program as a result of the program assessment.
Part I: The narrative portion of your report includes detailed responses to the questions listed below.
Part II: Attach a completed Program Assessment Outcomes Matrix (see directions below).
Due date: Reports are due by electronic submission by May 31.
The narrative portion of your report should include detailed responses to questions #1-5 listed below. Attach a completed Program Assessment Outcomes Matrix. Each program coordinator/department chair should submit a report by May 31. The PReCIP report submission link can be found on the Faculty Resources page. Submitted reports will be sent to the Office of the Provost.
Part I: Narrative Report
Academic year: (enter most recently completed academic year, e.g. 2019-2020)
College / Department:
Person(s) preparing the report:
- Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs): Please indicate which SLOs for this degree program were assessed over the past year. Note: academic programs should assess at least one learning outcome per year, with the entire set of student learning outcomes assessed within the five-year PReCIP review cycle.
- Assessment Method: For each learning outcome assessed over the past year, describe the assessment method used and indicate what form of evidence was gathered.
- Success Criterion: Please describe your benchmark for success in reaching this SLO.
- Assessment Findings: Summarize your assessment findings. What do the findings say about student learning?
- Plan: What is your plan of action for maintaining, strengthening, or changing aspects of the program based on the results of the program assessment?
Part II: Program Outcomes Assessment Matrix
Please complete and submit a "Program Outcomes Assessment Matrix" that is specific to your program. For each program outcome, identify the evidence used for assessment, the responsible parties conducting the assessment, and the schedule for and use of assessment results. Note: to achieve sustainability and depth in outcomes assessment, programs are strongly encouraged to distribute assessment of outcomes across a five-year program review cycle.
A matrix template is available for download, or you can view Kinesiology, Psychological Sciences, and Education samples.
PReCIP Academic Program Annual Report Guidelines last updated Spring21.