Who We Are
The Office of Marketing and Communications is responsible for providing the overall direction and implementation of the integrated marketing communications for Castleton University. The department is also responsible for strengthening university’s visibility and brand awareness to both internal and external audiences. Additionally, we are responsible for the strategic direction of all marketing and messaging while handling all communications and college relations activities.
Five strategic focuses steer the day-to-day efforts of the marcom team: athletic communications, creative services, digital media, and recruitment marketing.
- The Athletic Communications staff is responsible for the marketing and communications efforts of all 28 varsity sports.
- Creative services includes visual design across all mediums and platforms as well as photography and the university’s visual identity.
- Marketing and Communications is centered around providing all audiences, internal and external, with consistent, branded messaging that helps tell the Castleton story.
- Digital media includes Castleton on the web, email, and social media efforts for all departments as well as the main campus accounts.
- Recruitment marketing includes undergraduate and graduate recruitment, event recruitment, and marketing for the office of alumni and development.