The Castleton Center for Schools
Established by Castleton University in the Fall of 2002, the Castleton Center for Schools is committed to advancing education for all learners in the greater southern region of Vermont and beyond. The Center's primary purpose is supporting the work of schools through both preservice and inservice programs. These programs are tailored to the needs of those working in schools in today's demanding conditions.
Responsive to Individual Needs
- Arranges for independent courses and tutorials
- Provides assistance to those seeking licensure
- Links exemplary field practitioners with each other for support
Responsive to School Needs
- Sets up on-site contract courses requested by school staff
- Connects college liberal arts and education faculty to teachers in the field
- Provides resources for data analysis as well as presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences
Responsive to Regional Needs
- Offers workshops on current educational initiatives for regional supervisory unions and districts
- Arranges for summer institutes on campus
Please visit this site often for updates on workshops, courses, events, and grant opportunities.
Dr. Ric Reardon, Director
Castleton Center for Schools