COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The Executive Committee of the Vermont State Colleges System Board of Trustees has voted to require COVID-19 vaccination for all students enrolled in the 2022-2023 academic year, in addition to other vaccines currently required by the Vermont Department of Health, unless a student qualifies for an exemption as set forth below.
The safety of our students, employees, and local community members is our top priority as we continue to respond to the ongoing pandemic. We are not currently requiring COVID-19 boosters for the 2022-2023 academic year. However, students are encouraged to read the current CDC guidance regarding COVID-19 boosters.
The vaccine requirement does not apply to students who will not come on to the physical campus for any reason during the 2022-2023 academic year, such as those who are taking classes exclusively online.
Returning students in compliance with vaccine reporting during the 2021-2022 Academic Year are not required to report again.
To be in full compliance a student must complete one of the following options:
1. Submit a copy of their completed COVID-19 vaccination record, OR
2. Submit a request for exemption, OR
3. Submit a signed written statement (include name and Castleton ID number) stating they will not come on to the physical campus for any reason during the 2022-2023 academic year due to their taking classes exclusively online.
Documentation can be sent to the Castleton Wellness Center:
- Email your vaccination record: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax your vaccination record: (802) 468-1104
- Mail your vaccination record: CU Wellness Center, 49 University Drive, Castleton, VT 05735
You will receive an email confirming that you have met the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Save that email or take a screenshot of it, as you may be asked to show that confirmation in certain settings.
Failure to be in compliance will jeopardize the student's ability to be present on campus for any reason.
Our goal remains for all members of the Castleton community, who are eligible, to get vaccinated for the safety of the entire Castleton community. Requests for medical and religious exemptions will be considered in accordance with Vermont law. Requests must be submitted to the Castleton Wellness Center using this form. If you have received an exemption from Castleton for your COVID-19 vaccine in the past, you do not need to reapply for an exemption. However, new requests should be made by emailing Wellness@castleton.edu.