COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The Executive Committee of the Vermont State Colleges System Board of Trustees has voted to require COVID-19 vaccination for all students enrolled in the 2021-2022 Academic Year. This is in addition to other vaccines currently required by the Vermont Department of Health. The safety of our students, employees, and local community members is our top priority as we continue to respond to the ongoing pandemic.
The vaccine requirement does not apply to students who will not come on to the physical campus for any reason during the 2021-2022 academic year, such as those who are taking classes exclusively online.
To be in full compliance a student must complete one of the following options before 8:00 am on August 23, 2021:
1. Submit a copy of their completed COVID19 vaccination record, OR
2. Submit a request for exemption, OR
3. Submit a copy of their vaccination record confirming the first COVID19 vaccine was administered prior to August 23, 2021, indicate the scheduled date of the second shot (if applicable) and their agreement to complete the full vaccine protocol, OR
4. Submit a signed written statement (include name and Castleton ID number) stating they will not come on to the physical campus for any reason during the 2021-2022 academic year due to their taking classes exclusively online.
Documentation can be sent to the Castleton Wellness Center:
- Email your vaccination record: email@example.com
- Fax your vaccination record: (802) 468-1104
- Mail your vaccination record: CU Wellness Center, 49 University Drive, Castleton, VT 05735
Failure to be in compliance by August 23, 2021, will jeopardize the student's ability to be present on campus for any reason.
Our goal remains for all members of the Castleton community who are able to be vaccinated to get vaccinated for the safety of the entire Castleton community. Requests for medical and religious exemptions will be considered in accordance with Vermont law. Requests must be submitted to the Castleton Wellness Center by August 15, 2021, using this form.