Technology Check Up for Virtual Learning
Make sure your technology is ready to go for your virtual classes.
Is your laptop or desktop OS up to date? We recommend the following:
- PCs - Windows 10 (if you have an older version, we strongly recommend upgrading)
- Apple - Mac OS X 10.11 or later
- Chromebooks will work, but may have issues with software
- Linux (a recent distribution that is fully updated
Is your mobile device up to date?
Canvas makes a mobile app for both iOS and Android, which you can get from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. We definitely recommend it. They are compatible with:
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 12.0 or later
- Android phone or tablet with version 5.0 or later
Are your browsers compatible?
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Acceptable, but will have some issues
Is your Internet connection reliable?
DSL or cable modem is highly recommended. Area wireless and satellite may also work, just be aware of speed issues or bad weather that may impact performance.
Are you checking your Castleton email?
Your professors will be communicating regularly with you via your CU Office 365 email account. Make sure you check it often! You can access it here: Castleton O365 Email
Do you have Microsoft Office?
If you don't already have a copy installed, VSC students and faculty have access to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint online. You can also install the full Office suite on up to five devices for free. Here are instructions on how to do that: Installing Office