Celebrating our Seniors
A number of milestones, celebrations, and events like the Theater Department's musical, spring sports, awards ceremonies, and the last day of classes have been canceled in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. The greatest of these impacts for our graduating seniors was the difficult decision to postpone Commencement.
Castleton University has partnered with alumnus Jake Cunavelis from Mount Mansfield Media to create a special keepsake video for our senior Spartans. We hope this is a chance for you to reflect on your time at Castleton and to connect with one another until we're able to come together next spring to celebrate your accomplishments.
Are you a Castleton senior who has something you want to say to your classmates? A friend you want to recognize? A memory you want to reflect on? A professor or staff member you want to thank? Here is your chance!
We would also love for anyone to share 1 candid photo and/or 1 candid video from your four years at Castleton, to be considered as well in this celebration video. We may not be able to use all of these candid submissions but they will be a wonderful way to showcase the community and intimacy shared by your class.
Any other questions are welcome, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us Celebrate our Seniors
1. Create your video
Here are a few prompts for you to consider as you think about what you want to say:
- I love the people who ...
- I love the place that I ...
- I will always remember ...
- I want Castleton to remember me for ...
- I will always value ...
- I am most proud of ...
- I will miss ...
- I plan to make a difference by ...
- What does “The Castleton Way” mean to you, if you had to encapsulate it in one word (or more if you need them)?
- What would you have said to friends and classmates as you would have departed for the final time?
Some logistical considerations:
- Please limit your video response to no more than 2 minutes. We hope to include everyone who takes the time to share and that means we need to manage the volume of material. Please note that your submission may be edited in the production process.
- Please think about your message and consider if you can film some responses outdoors and some responses indoors. You can choose which responses are most appropriate where.
- The deadline for submissions is April 16.
2. Share your video & photos
We recommend using WeTransfer to share your photos and videos with us.
Using WeTransfer is easy:
- Use the blue + sign to upload your file(s)
- In the "email to" field, type email@example.com
- Put your Castleton email into "your email" field
- In the message field, please provide your full name and your major