Health & Wellness
College is an exciting experience. The Wellness Center provides information and resources to support students’ growth and their development of a healthy, vibrant, and purposeful life.
NEED HELP NOW? 24/7 CRISIS NUMBERS
Open Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm.
The staff at the Wellness Center offers integrated services to students with the following opportunities:
Health Care Services
Registered Nurses provide:
- First Aid and Triage services
- Referrals to local medical practices and dentists
- Health and Wellness Information
- Consultation to the campus community.
|No appointment is needed. Walk-ins are welcome!
The above services are provided free of charge to all full-time students.
Individual and group counseling services are available to provide confidential support around a variety of topics. Our goal is to assist students in developing coping strategies to navigate through any challenges they may face in maintaining a healthy and successful life.
The Wellness Education Office strives to support and educate the campus community on pertinent health and wellness topics through presentations, workshops, and events.
- Professional Advocacy Services provides assistance to students who may have experienced sexual assault, relationship violence, harassment or stalking.
- Peer Advocates for CHANGE (PAC) is a group comprised of trained students who conduct violence prevention and intervention efforts.
- Diversity Outreach involves programs, projects, presentations, and campaigns around diversity awareness, equity concerns and cultural competency to ensure an inclusive campus community.
The Student Support Network (SSN) is a training program that teaches student leaders to recognize peers in distress and to provide referrals to professionals when appropriate. Counselors and Wellness Staff members facilitate these training sessions.
Information on Coronavirus
Castleton University COVID-19 Updates
Wuhan Coronavirus 101: What We Do – And Don't – Know About the Newly Identified Disease
Novel Coronavirus Information for Travelers
Information on Norovirus and C-Diff
Vermont Department of Health: Norovirus
Vermont Department of Health: Clostridioides Difficile (C. DIFF)