Upward Bound is a federally funded TRIO program that offers challenging pre-college experiences to students of high academic ability. Its goal is to generate skills and motivation necessary for success in high school and college through an academic year program and a six-week summer residential program.
What Students Have to Say
Comments from high school graduates on their experience with Castleton Upward Bound:
- "If it wasn't for UB, I would be completely lost in the college process."
- "Upward Bound helped me understand what I needed to do to achieve my goal of going to college."
- "If it weren't for UB, I don't think I would be on the right path and going to college."
- "Upward Bound is the best thing to happen to me in high school."
- "I can't say enough about Upward Bound. This program has helped me set and reach my goals, leading me to college and a new future.
- "Best program ever."
Castleton Upward Bound is 100% federally funded at $270,375 annually.
Ways to Apply:
• Attend an information session at your high school. We visit the following Rutland County High Schools each fall:
Fair Haven Union High School
Granville High School
Mill River Union High School
Poultney High School
Proctor High School
Rutland High School
West Rutland School
• Complete our online application.
• Contact the Upward Bound office directly (802) 468-6400.