Upward Bound is a federally funded TRIO program that offers challenging pre-college experiences to students of high academic ability. Its goal is to generate skills and motivation necessary for success in high school and college through an academic year program and a six-week summer residential program.
What Students Have to Say
Comments from high school graduates on their experience with Castleton Upward Bound:
- "If it wasn't for UB, I would be completely lost in the college process."
- "Upward Bound helped me understand what I needed to do to achieve my goal of going to college."
- "If it weren't for UB, I don't think I would be on the right path and going to college."
- "Upward Bound is the best thing to happen to me in high school."
- "I can't say enough about Upward Bound. This program has helped me set and reach my goals, leading me to college and a new future.
- "Best program ever."
Castleton Upward Bound is 100% federally funded at $262,500 annually.
Ways to Apply:
Attend an information session at your high school. We visit the following Rutland County High Schools each fall:
Fair Haven Union High School
Granville High School
Mill River Union High School
Poultney High School
Proctor High School
Rutland High School
West Rutland School
Ask your school's guidance office for an application or download an application.
Contact the Upward Bound office directly (802) 468-6400.