Castleton's Pledge to Combat Bias, Privilege, and Systemic Racism
Castleton University has a responsibility to provide greater access to the transformative potential of higher education; to create a campus climate of safety and inclusion; and to educate the community about bias, privilege, and systemic racism.
Accordingly, the University pledges to:
- Strengthen our efforts to diversify the student body.
- Foster a climate of safety for students, employees, and visitors of color and other historically marginalized groups.
- Provide co-curricular programming about racism and white privilege.
- Support students of color and other historically marginalized groups who seek to create programs and organizations that ensure they feel supported and heard on our campus.
- Support anti-racism training for staff and faculty.
- Review our curriculum in order to combat systemic racism and implicit bias.
- Revise our hiring practices to increase diversity among faculty and staff.
- Encourage students to vote and engage in other political action.