Castleton's Math degree brings accuracy and rigor to the quest for discovering patterns, both abstract and concrete.
As a math major, you will acquire a broad and solid base in mathematics which will enable both further study and application.
Our knowledgeable mathematics faculty teach in the realms of pure mathematics, applied mathematics, and statistics to inspire you to appreciate and understand these disciplines.
Highlights of the Mathematics Program
- As a student, you will be encouraged to provide insight into new and existing courses, attend seminars, and to participate in mathematical activities at the local, regional, and national levels.
- A Mathematics degree from Castleton opens a wide array of opportunities, including entering a professional environment or entering a graduate program at the master's or doctoral level.
- The University's small class sizes will provide you with an individualized learning experience and coursework will allow you to conduct research projects under the guidance of our experienced faculty.
- Degree tracks in Mathematics, Mathematics Secondary Education, Mathematics Elementary Education, and Statistics.
Further Educational Opportunities in Mathematics
Studying mathematics at Castleton creates wide-ranging opportunities for your future. A Castleton Math degree can lead to advanced studies in a variety of fields, including:
- Many other technical fields
Careers With a Math Degree
A diligent and highly motivated student with a background in mathematics will find many career opportunities. Castleton graduates work successfully as:
- Market researchers
- Computer programmers
- Systems analysts
- Business administrators
Many Castleton graduates teach mathematics in high school, middle school, or elementary school. At all levels of teaching, there is a critical need for quality mathematics instruction.