Graduate Applicant Guide
Current information appears on Castleton University pages for students entering in and prior to the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Submit a completed application and the $40 application fee for all programs other than Master of Athletic Training. The application fee is non-refundable and may be mailed to the Admissions Office in the form of a check or money order payable to Castleton University. Master of Athletic Training candidates apply to the program through the Athletic Training Centralized Application Service (ATCAS).
- Submit a candidate's statement addressing specific questions outlined in the personal statement section of the application.
- Submit a current résumé.
- Submit two current letters of recommendation from an advisor, employer, or faculty. Your letters of recommendation must come directly from the persons providing the recommendations and can be submitted to Admissions via email.
- Submit official final transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work directly from the issuing institution to Castleton. Transcripts within the Vermont State College system from 2003 forward can be obtained by the Castleton Admissions Office.
- Please refer to the individual Graduate Programs for additional materials needed. These are listed under Admission Requirements or Program Requirements on the additional navigation of each program page.
Admission is awarded on a rolling basis. Applications are reviewed, and decisions are processed throughout the year as applications become complete. Candidates are encouraged to complete the application process as soon as possible. The admission decision is based on the overall strength of each student’s academic record and supporting documents. Graduate candidates may transfer graduate-level credits earned from previous institution(s) to Castleton.
Please contact our Office of Admissions with specific questions.
Information about tuition and fees are available. All applicants are encouraged to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to be considered for financial assistance. Castleton’s Federal School Code is 003683. Due to the Budget Control Act of 2011, graduate students are eligible for unsubsidized Federal Direct loan funds and depending on funding, may be eligible for Federal Work-Study. Your enrollment status must be at least half-time (4.5 credits) each semester/term.
More information on financial aid can be found on their site.
Graduate Students who choose to enroll at Castleton are encouraged to submit a decision reply form through their Application Status Page. Candidates who commit to Castleton will be authorized to register for classes through our online registration process. You may contact your advisor or the Office of Admissions for assistance registering for classes.
We invite you to join us for a campus tour. Please call the Office of Admissions at: 800-639-8521 or (802) 468-1213 to schedule an appointment; you may also email email@example.com.