Technology Requirements for Castleton’s Low-Residency and Distance Access Graduate Programs
Information and access to all of Castleton’s resources will be available to you via our website, Portal page, and Canvas, our online learning management platform available for all undergraduate and graduate courses.
Low-Residency and Distance Access programs and courses in particular may utilize any or all of the following technologies:
- Canvas (an online course management system through which you may have online group or private discussions, submit assignments, and access course documents)
- Adobe Connect (online video conference software)
- 1-800 telephone conference calls
You may use either a Mac or PC. For operating systems, we currently recommend you have either:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- Mac OS X or higher
- Linux OS
Specific functionality of web browsers will vary depending on your own system and installed plugins and updates, and you may find it most helpful to test out several. Our current recommendations are these:
While individual programs and courses may vary slightly in design, in general you should be expect to have and use:
- a high-speed internet connection via cable or DSL
- webcam and microphone
- telephone with mute function
- Castleton email account for all official correspondence (forwarding options available)
More specific software requirements may apply to individual courses.
More general information about IT and Educational Technology Services at Castleton is available.