Graduate International Requirements
To be considered for admission to a graduate degree program at Castleton, an international applicant MUST submit:
- Completed International Application for Admission.
- Official diploma and transcript from an accredited institution verifying completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3.00 cumulative undergraduate GPA. If the documents are written in a language other than English, complete and certified true English translations must be furnished together with the official documents in that language. Photocopies or other copies must be certified true. All academic transcripts must be signed by the appropriate school or government official and must include the seal of the school or the government.
- A minimum 79 on iBT is required of all graduate applicants who do not have a baccalaureate degree from an English speaking country. IELTS score of 6.5 could replace the TOEFL requirement. Other English language assessment may be substituted with permission from Castleton Admissions. The University’s TOEFL code is 3765.
- Two recommendation letters, a current resume, and a written statement (limited to 250 words).
- A check or money order for $40 USD to pay for the mandatory non-refundable application fee. The check or money order must be made payable to Castleton University.
- Your application must be accompanied by certification that sufficient funds will be available to meet both your living expenses and tuition expenses while attending Castleton University. Refer to the Confidential Financial Certification for details.
- GRE is only required for the MA in School Psychology Program. For MS in Accounting Applicants: GMAT is required. Castleton University business alumni who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and have received an average grade of B or higher in undergraduate accounting coursework are not required to take the GMAT for admittance. Students who do not meet the requirements may apply for provisional admittance. If accepted provisionally, students may complete up to ten graduate level credits during the probationary period. A student who has successfully completed nine credits with a minimum GPA of 3.0 may be considered for regular admission. Students who do not earn the minimum GPA will be dismissed.
- One most recent photo (37mm x 37mm) and a copy of your passport identification page.
- If you are currently in the U.S, please enclose (a) a copy of your passport and visa page(s), (b) a copy of your I-94 Card, and/or (c) a copy of your current SEVIS I-20 or DS 2019.
All international applications are processed on a rolling basis, and there is no deadline; however, your application for admission and supporting credentials should be submitted as early as possible to allow sufficient time to process your application, get your visa, and arrange for transportation. Only completed applications will be reviewed for consideration.
Please submit the above to:
International Student Admissions
86 Seminary Street
Castleton, Vermont 05735, USA
Phone: (802) 468-1431
Fax: (802) 639-6044