Important Steps for First Year Enrollment
After I have been accepted, what do I need to do to prepare for Registration and Enrollment?
Prepare for Enrollment & Registration!
• Please ensure all your checklist items and Decision Reply Form on your Admissions Application Status Page are completed! For example, Admissions must have your final official transcripts and official SAT/ACT scores on file. Contact Admissions if you have any questions or need a link to your status page.
• Login to the Castleton portal. Please be prepared with your username and password. Haven't logged in before? We have instructions for you! The Portal can be used to view your financial aid, as well as to view your schedule after you have been registered for courses.
• Review and familiarize yourself with our undergraduate catalog. Recommended aspects to review include Castleton's General Education Program and Majors & Minors.
• Have a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit ($100 for part-time students) on file in the Admissions Office. Deposit is typically due by May 1 for fall enrollment, yet this date is flexible this year due to coronavirus affecting many families. Fall students, please keep us aware of your plans, submit when you are able, and let us know if you need a waiver. Deposit is due by December 1 for spring enrollment; it will be credited on your future Castleton account. Also, if you haven't already submitted your Decision Reply Form please do so; it appears on your Admissions Application Status Page.
• Make sure the Financial Aid Office has all your documents. Bill and payment information will be available after registration. For more information, call (802) 468-6070.
Complete Required Forms!
• Submit your Residence Life Housing Contract. You will use your Castleton Portal login to access our eRezlife system and select "new student contract". Please be prepared with your Castleton Portal username and password. Haven't logged in to your portal before? We have instructions for you! As a first-year Castleton student, you must live on campus unless you are commuting from home. You can review all the housing options online. Please note: students have the additional option of selecting to live in themed housing, such as Wellness. Honors students also have the option of Honors Housing.
• Complete and return the Health Form. This is required by Vermont State Law to attend class.
• Complete the TRIO form to help us determine your eligibility for the TRIO grant. This grant enables Castleton to provide additional academic support services to students who are first-generation college students, low-income students, or students with documented disabilities.
For additional items, such as Vehicle Registration and Student IDs, please see Frequently Asked Enrollment Questions
Registration & Orientation!
First-Year students enrolling in the fall 2020 semester (beginning August 2020, see Academic Calendar) will be registered for classes in the summer months on a rolling basis. A Registration Questionnaire for Success Coaching will be emailed to you, and your submission will connect you with a Success Coach who will help you get registered for fall classes.
We understand you and your family may want a more full picture of what the summer will look like for registration and orientation programming. After you submit your Registration Questionnaire for Success Coaching:
- A Success Coach will contact you and determine your class preferences.
- You will be registered for fall classes based on your Success Coach conversation.
- You will receive an email with instructions when your schedule is available to view on your portal.
- One of your classes will be a First Year Seminar (FYS), with a Student Orientation Staff (SOS). Your FYS professor will serve as your first year advisor. Your SOS, a CU student leader, will be an additional resource to you and your FYS classmates.
- Your FYS professor and SOS student leader will connect with you in the summer. They will also foster connections with your FYS classmates.
- You will receive information about Online Orientation midsummer. Online Orientation will ensure you complete enrollment steps and help you understand keys to your success as a new Castleton student.
- In Person Orientation will take place in August. We can't wait to see you then!
If need be, please review Frequently Asked Enrollment Questions
• Download the Castleton app on your smartphone or tablet. Just search "Castleton" on the Google Play or Apple App store.
• Join the Castleton Class of 2024 group! Follow @CastletonEdu on all social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat! Encourage your family to join the Class of 2024 Parents & Families group!