Important Steps for First Year Enrollment
Important Notice: We understand you may have questions about plans for academic delivery in 2021. Spring semester is underway with 1/3 of our courses in-person, 1/2 online, and the rest hybrid (a combination of in-person and online). Fall plans are in place with an increase of in-person opportunities. Currently, approximately 90% of fall course listings are in person!
Check Your Admissions & Financial Aid Information!
• Ensure your Admissions Application Status Page checklist items are completed! Admissions must have your Decision Reply Form and final official transcripts on file. Contact Admissions if you have any questions or need a link to your status page.
• Have a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit ($100 for part-time students) on file in the Admissions Office. Deposit is typically due by December 1 for spring enrollment and May 1 for fall enrollment, yet dates can be flexible if you need more time. Please keep us aware of your plans, submit when you are able, and let us know if you need a waiver. Deposit will be credited on your future Castleton account.
• Login to the Castleton portal and be prepared with your username and password for future use. The Portal can be used to view your financial aid, as well as to view your schedule after you have been registered for courses. Haven't logged in before? We have instructions for you!
• Make sure the Financial Aid Office has all your documents. Bill and payment information will be available after registration. For more information, contact Financial & Registration Services at (802) 468-6070.
Complete Required Forms!
• Submit your Residence Life Housing Contract. Fall 2021 contracts are available now! You will use your Castleton Portal login to access our eRezlife system, click on 'housing overview' and choose "I am a new student in the Fall of 2021" (when asked to describe your student status). Please be prepared with your Castleton Portal username and password. Haven't logged in to your portal before? We have instructions for you! As a first-year Castleton student, you must live on campus unless you are commuting from home. You can review all the housing options online. Please note: students have the additional option of selecting to live in themed housing, such as Wellness. Honors students also have the option of Honors Housing.
• Complete and return the Health Form. This is required by Vermont State Law to attend class.
• Complete the TRIO form to help us determine your eligibility for the TRIO grant. This grant enables Castleton to provide additional academic support services to students who are first-generation college students, low-income students, or students with documented disabilities.
• Complete the New Student Information Form.
• Complete your Quarantine. Expectations for all students include Quarantine, Test, and Pledge. See detailed Expectations For Students: COVID-19 Updates . Ensure your understanding of these three items, and fulfill your quarantine requirement.
• Sign your Spartan Pledge. The Spartan Pledge is your commitment to the well-being of the community during COVID-19. To do so, Login to your Castleton portal; the Spartan Pledge appears in the bottom right hand corner.
• Submit your Consent to On-Campus COVID Testing and your Covid Testing Pre-Registration Form. See COVID-19 Updates , Important Information for all Students about Required Testing, for detailed information.
• Send a photo for your Castleton ID. When you enroll, Public Safety will use a passport quality photo for your ID card. Your ID card will serve as your key to get into your residence hall, your meal plan, and your overall campus identification. See instructions to submit your Castleton Photo.
• Register your Vehicle. All students are able to have a vehicle on campus regardless of their year at the University. All students must register their vehicle with Public Safety each year, if commuting by car or planning to bring a vehicle to campus. Online vehicle registration is available on the portal. You will need to also abide by the parking policies outlined by Public Safety.
Registration & Orientation!
Fall 2021 semester students (beginning end of August 2021) will be registered for classes in the summer months on a rolling basis. We will inform fall students of next steps after May 1st has passed, in Mid-May.
• Download the Castleton app on your smartphone or tablet. Just search "Castleton" on the Google Play or Apple App store.
• Follow @CastletonEdu on all social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat!
• Join the Castleton Class of 2025 FB page!
• Encourage your family to join the Class of 2025 Parents & Families Facebook Group, too!