How do I apply for housing?
You will need to fill out a Housing Contract online, here are the directions to help you:
If you are a current student, please do the following to fill out a housing contract: log in to your Castleton Portal, navigate to "Quick Links" and click on "eRezLife"
If you are a new student at Castleton, please do the following to fill out a housing contract: You will use your Castleton Portal login information to access our eRezLife system. (Haven't logged in to the portal before? We have instructions for you!) On the eRezLife log in page, click "sign in with your school account" listed under the sign in button.
Once you are logged in:
- Fill out your ERezLife profile information (some info will auto-fill for you, you need to complete the rest).
- After you save your profile information, click on “Housing”, then “Housing Overview” in the tab on the left-hand side in the menu. Click the “Apply Now” button beside the session you are applying for (Fall/Spring/Killington).
- Complete all questions on the application form. Mandatory questions on the application are marked with a red asterisk mark ( * ). After completing your application form, click "continue to: Confirm application" to continue with your housing application process.
- On the Confirm Application page, carefully review your application details and check off the three terms listed indicating that you understand and agree with all statements.
- Once your application has successfully been completed, you will see the confirmation message along with your receipt number.
- Important: A confirmation email will be sent to your Castleton email address. Make sure you login to this email and check it often throughout the summer because this is where we will be sending housing updates and move in information.
How do I request a roommate?
You can do this by creating a Roommate Group in ERezLife. Here are the directions:
- All roommate groups must be submitted before July 1, 2022, any requests received after this date will not be considered.
- To create a roommate group you will need to know the Castleton email address (email@example.com) of the student you would like as your roommate. Roommate groups are limited to two students only. Students can choose their roommate, but not suitemates if living in suite style housing.
- On the left-hand side menu in ERezLife, click “Roommate Groups”. From here you have the option to join a roommate group that another student has invited you to or to “create a new roommate group”.
- To join an already created roommate group, click the circle next to the group you want to join in the column “My Choice”. You should see two green checks next to the names of the students in the group if the group is complete. If only one green check appears, that means the other roommate has not confirmed this group as their first choice.
- To create a new roommate group, click the button to create a new group, create a name for the group, and type the Castleton email address of the student you would like to add to the group. This will create a group in their ERezLife account for them to choose to join in their ERezLife account.