Athletic Training Program Mission Statement
The mission of the CAATE- accredited Athletic Training Program at Castleton University is to provide a comprehensive and progressive academic and clinical education experience for students. This experience at Castleton will prepare students to pass the Board of Certification (BOC) examination and achieve employment in the field of Athletic Training.
The AT Program accepts the overall mission of Castleton University to provide the opportunity for intellectual and personal growth of students through excellence in teaching, close student-faculty interaction, numerous opportunities for outside-the-classroom learning, and an active and supportive campus community. The AT Program strives to prepare students for meaningful careers, further academic pursuits; and engaged environmentally responsible citizenship.
Athletic Training Program Goals
- The AT Program will prepare students to:
- Think critically and effectively apply content knowledge to real-world situations and tasks.
- Be professionally and ethically responsible administrators of athletic health care.
- Maintain the highest standards of evidence-based clinical practice by effectively integrating information technology, clinical expertise, and patient values and circumstances.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills as an athletic trainer.
- Secure employment in athletic training or a related field, or gain admission to a graduate program of study.
- The AT Program will continually strive to provide high quality didactic and clinical instruction and learning opportunities for the students.