Current information appears on Castleton University pages for students entering in and prior to the 2022-2023 academic year.
Through the Global Studies Program, the world is at your fingertips. The multidisciplinary curriculum enhances understanding of the world from a cultural, historical, economic, political, and philosophical perspective.
The Bachelor of Arts in Global Studies provides you with the critical skills needed to achieve your goals in an increasingly integrated world. You will learn from faculty who are experts in cultures, languages, histories, politics, and geographies.
Additionally, Castleton offers a Global Studies Certificate Program, which combines coursework and 30 hours of community service with a global focus. It is a great opportunity for students majoring in Business, Nursing, Health Science, and Kinesiology.
Highlights of the Global Studies Degree
- Faculty in the Global Studies program are experts in the cultures, languages, histories, economics, politics, societies, and geographies of the world and have a deep understanding of the systems and networks that connect them all
- Study abroad for at least 15 weeks in a country of your choice, engaging with the society and culture there. Your faculty mentors guide you as you assimilate to a new culture and help you interpret the career benefits of your experiences when you return home
- Develop language skills in Spanish, French, or Chinese through in-class learning, or learn a language of your choice through Castleton’s Rosetta Stone program
- Make a difference by applying your skills to civic engagement projects like a poverty simulation, Stuff-a-Van, and World Water Day
Career Opportunities in Global Studies
Graduates of Castleton’s Global Studies program are prepared for a wide range of careers. Some examples include:
- Civil service workers
- Congressional aides
- Humanitarian relief workers
- International relations specialists
- Legal assistants
Global Studies provides effective preparation for further academic pursuits in the many arenas in which a broad knowledge of the world beyond our borders is crucial – including law, business, communications, diplomacy, and government work to name just a few.